History

The present partnership of Mawby Cowper Meares & Co came into being in Sydney in 1978, with the merger of two existing firms of H B Cowper & Son and B P Mawby & Meares.

H B Cowper & Son commenced business in 1920, when Mr H B Cowper and his son A M Cowper started in practice. In 1949, they were joined by A Cowper's son, Tony Cowper.

Mawby and Meares was started by Bon Mawby and Denis (Nugget) Devenish-Meares in 1956, and were joined later in partnership by Derek Morton.

Today's Mawby Cowper Meares & Co comprises Frank Butkovich, Mark Shrimpton, and Stuart Devenish-Meares.